My Family History
The Life of Frank Leonard Ball (1896-1961)
Click here for the My Family History main page.
Frank Leonard Ball was my Dad. The photograph (right), taken in 1916, shows him as a 19-year-old infantryman in World War 1.
He was a great Dad and he experienced a lot in his lifetime. To find out more, follow the links in the list of his experiences below:
I hope you'll find lots to interest you in this pictorial history of Dad's life.
- He was born in 1896;
- He was a talented artist;
- He was a long-serving member of the Boy Scouts;
- He saw active service in the First World War;
- He got married in 1939;
- He was a Special Police Constable in the Second World War;
- He retired from work in 1958;
- He died in 1961.
My Family History John's Homepage
Please note that some of these pages are still being developed. Not all the above features are yet functional.