Dedication: St David
Notes: Site apparently dates to the early Christian period. Medieval church, possibly C13-15, with C17 roofs, restored in the C19. Substantial restoration in 1872, following a fire, by J Harries of Llandeilo. Plans were produced by R K Penson, but were not utilised, at least not in original form. Vestry, EE style windows, doors, and buttresses, all of 1872. During restoration, a nail-studded door was removed which contained a date of 1662.
[Extracted from report by CADW, published in 1990. Full text and further historical details accessible on the Town of Ammanford website].
Photography: Glenys Travis
Date: 10 Aug 2004
Camera: Fuji FinePix A203 digital