Dedication: St Dingat
Built: 13th century with later modifications
1. The west tower with a NE stair turret, the wide south aisle, the chancel arch, and the east windows are 15th century. The original large single chamber, probably 13th century, was extended eastward before the late medieval remodelling, as the walls at that end have a battered base. The Victorians provided a new arcade and north porch, the latter replacing a two storey structure. They also encased the original font.
[Extracted from The Old Parish Churches of South-West Wales by Mike Salter, published 1994 by Folly Publications, Malvern; ISBN 1-871731-19-4]
2. The church, dedicated to St. Dingat, ... is built on the ancient site of a pre-Conquest Celtic Christian community which formed a network of Medieval churches. St. Dingat was one of the sons of Brychan, a sixth century saint and chieftain of Irish origin. Brychan had thirty six children, many of whom also became celtic saints. He founded his own kingdom of Brycheiniog.
[From ukattraction.com website]
3. The church ... is an ancient building, consisting of two spacious aisles, with a tower, but presents no interesting architectural details: it was once destroyed by the Norman invaders of this part of Wales.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Wales by S. Lewis, 1844 (see GENUKI website)]