St Peter's Church, Cockett, Swansea, Glamorgan
Note 1: St Peter's church is located on the east side of Cockett Road, set back from the road in a churchyard used as a cemetery. It was built in 1856-7 to designs of R K Penson and features Geometrical tracery. Constructed of roughly coursed Pennant sandstone with Bath stone dressings under slate roofs, it consists of nave and chancel in one, and overhanging west bell gable; a gabled south aisle and porch were added in 1882 by J Bacon Fowler. The arcade is cut through the wall, and supported on circular piers of pink sandstone conglomerate. There is a crucifix mosaic by John Petts. Stained glass includes works by Jones & Willis.
Above: The northern aspect of St Peter's Church, Cockett.
Note 2: Church situated in the Cockett area of Swansea, Glamorgan. Parish formed from St Mary's in 1878. [Source: Archive Wales website (accessed 19 December 2015)]
Above: The western aspect of St Peter's Church.
Above: The eastern aspect of the church.
Above: The nave, high altar and east window.